“Knowledge is power” is a phrase most everyone has heard. Are you looking for knowledge or power? Beginning in the Word of God is the best place to start.
The author lists several requirements to gain knowledge.
My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
First, there is relationship. The one spoken to is a child to the one speaking. Are you a child of God? If you have any doubts, you need to review www.SaveYourselfSomePain.com.
Next, there is a list of 8 things that the parent is telling the son to do.
1. Receive. You must receive the word of God and make it yours. Read It. Memorize it. Live it.
2. Treasure. You must see His Words as precious, very valuable. To lose them would be like losing a precious jewel.
3. Incline. To incline your ear towards someone is to make sure you hear them right so that you know exactly what they mean.
4. Apply. When you apply something in your life, you begin to understand it better. As you learn things, apply them.
5. Cry. Ask God for understanding when to use what you have just learned.
6. Lift. Speak out to others, to God about what you are learning. You will gain more understanding and you may help others in the process.
7. Seek. The Word of God is valuable and has many valuable lessons in it. Keep seeking. Don’t stop. Find a Bible reading plan you like and read everyday.
8. Search. In the Word of God are many valuable lessons. Some are in plain sight, others are hidden and take some thought to draw out what God wants to say to you.
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord ,
And find the knowledge of God.
As you search for knowledge, you should begin to see why we need to fear (honor, revere) God. Then you will find the knowledge of God.